Welcome to the Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
Our Holy Father has dedicated this Liturgical year as a special celebration of the Jubilee Year of Mercy. This Lenten season has provided many opportunities for us to show mercy and compassion in our daily lives to those we encounter on a daily basis.
Liturgically we have offered opportunities on Monday evenings for you to celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation, participate in Holy Hour and Benediction, join in a special prayer group on Wednesday momings, participate in the Stations of the Cross on Friday evenings, as well as the Knights of Columbus having prepared affordable meatless dinners on Friday evenings so we can easily fulfill our Lenten obligation.
This Passion/Palm Sunday, March 20th ushers in the most significant and profound Liturgical week, Holy Week, in our Catholic church. I hope you will join us where you may experience many opportunities for spiritual growth, and invite you to experience the Passion, Death and Resurrection of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All Masses and Services will be celebrated in the Upper Church.
- Monday March 21 - Sacrament of Reconciliation 6:00 p.m.
Benediction & Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament-7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday March 22 - Veneration of The Relics of the Passion of Christ at 7:00 p.m. This unique collection of relics has been brought together in a program of meditations, music and prayers commemorating the events of Passion of Our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- Holy Thursday March 24 - Following the Mass of the Lord's Supper at 7:00 p.m. the Blessed Sacrament will be reposed until 9:00 p.m. This affords everyone the opportunity to spend time praying with Jesus as he invited the Apostles to do in the Carden of Cethsemane. This quiet time with Jesus shows our willingness to enter into the Passion of Our Lord.
- Good Friday March 35 - Passion Narrative and Veneration of the Cross and Holy Communion beginning at 3:00 p.m. Everyone is invited to bring a potted Easter plant to the tomb of Jesus as a sign of our love for Him. This gesture is a tangible sign of our devotion to His Crucified Body.
- Holy Saturday, March 26 - The Sacrament of Reconciliation will be offered at 11:00 a.m. Our Easter Vigil Mass will be celebrated at 8:00 p.m. This glorious celebration of New life culminates with our joyous response - Alleluia! The Lord is Risenl During the Easter Vigil Mass we will celebrate the Sacraments of Baptism, First Eucharist and Confirmation for the Candidates who have been preparing to be received fully into the Catholic Church. If you have never attended the Easter Vigil service, come join us for this Mass filled with brilliant signs, symbols and traditions of our faith. The Adult Choir will be accompanied by instrumentalists.
- Easter Sunday, March 27 - Easter Morning Masses will be celebrated at 8:15 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. Come experience the glorious celebration of the Risen Christ. When Mary Magdalene visited Jesus' tomb, she found it empty. THE LORD HAS RISEN! Our Masses are filled with angelic voices raised to Cod in praise as our Children's Choir will sing at the 8:15 Mass and our Adult Choir at the 10:15 Mass. Instrumentalists will play at both Masses.
I rejoice with the phrase "Alleluia" as I celebrate with you this glorious Easter season. Bouna Pasqua!
- Fr. Frederick M . Aniello1 Pastor
Since the formation of this Parish in 1923, it has strived to meet the spiritual as well as the social needs of the Italian community. Together let us continue in faith, hope and love to serve the needs of one another and in so doing lead others to Christ. In thought and prayer let us remember those who have gone before us and try each day to carry out the work they started. May the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mount Carmel watch over and protect us on our journey.
-Fr. Frederick Aniello, Pastor
A PRAYER TO OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL
O most beautiful flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in my necessity. O Star of the Sea, help me and show me that you are my Mother, O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Our Lady of the Brown Scapular, I am your child, clothe me with your own virtues. Have pity and protect me from all harm. Lord God, Father of all, may the prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother and Queen of Carmel, protect all her children and bring us closer to Jesus Christ, Your Son. Oh, Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you. Our Lady of Mount Carmel, pray for us.